Strengthening Agriculture's Infrastructure Conference
Western SARE hosted the sold-out conference:
The conference's goal was to prepare Western region agriculture for sustainably processing, marketing and distributing high quality food in systems that:
- Draw consumers closer to food producers;
- Increase economic viability of food producers of all sizes;
- Expand the marketplace for sustainably produced food;
- Increase community food security;
- Assure abundance in the face of increasing fossil fuel costs.
The Western SARE Administrative Council organized this conference in response to the participants in our Subregional Conferences listing gaps and barriers in agriculture infrastructure as a high need to be addressed in our region for continued economic viability in the 21st Century.
View or listen to videos, audio files and webinars of full sessions or plenaries, as well as presentations by individual speakers.
Copies of the posters displayed at the conference along with links to the projects' reports.
Summaries and list of speakers for each of the 13 workshops.
Full list of all speakers and their biographies.